Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Loom Hat

One of my readers wanted to know how to make a hat on the Knifty Knitter Long Looms. So I designed one yesterday and I really like it.  I used a round loom, but it's still a flat panel, so can be made on any of the KK Looms. The first one I made was baby size. Now I'm working on one in teenager size.  If it turns out I'll make a tutorial today.  I also figured out how to make two tassels at once, which saves time and makes them more even. I have a feeling I'm going to be making a lot of hats like this.

I keep forgetting to buy a doll to 'model' all my hats for photographs, since I don't have a baby handy. Kind of ironic considering 6 of my friends and my daughter are either pregnant or just gave birth. Unfortunately none of them live near me.

Please use my tutorials to make hats for your own personal use and as gifts to family and friends only. I'll be selling them in my Etsy shop, so please resist the urge to make a bunch to sell in your Etsy, Artfire, or wherever shop, craft fair, or local boutique. 

No comments: