Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Paleoplanet

At our paleoplanet gathering last Sunday, we knew rain was on the way, but we went anyway and had half a day to work on archery projects. I took my spinning and my beadwork. After about 2 it started to drizzle so most of us headed home.

I'm glad I got to enjoy the outdoors on Sunday because is poured all day Monday. We spent the day slogging around in the rain. We had to go to JoAnn's to get more serger thread for the bow socks. When you are serging all the raw edges of about 40 canvas bow socks, you go through a lot of thread. Then they have to be dyed, sewn together and so forth. We need to have them ready for a craft thing in Feb.


Wool on a drop spindle



A bolo made of cordage and metal nuts.



Learning to shoot a bow



Freeform necklace



Tom doing knapping



Alex making a bow

No comments: