Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Gourd Doll




I glued the wool hair on my gourd doll today. I barely made enough hair! I'd forgotten how much it takes. I dyed it blond with some lemon tea and onion skins in boiling water with some salt. I was hoping to spin some of the yarn too but only had enough for the hair. I had forgotten I should have finished the doll body, sprayed it with finish and then added the hair. It will be harder this way. But oh well.

Speaking of spinning, I made 2 drop spindles. I haven't given them a test drive yet. I may have to drill a hole for the wire hook at the top. I made a small hole with a bead reamer and glued the wire w/ super glue but I'm not sure it will hold. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1 comment:

Lady Arwen of the Silver Rose said...

Thanks for the comment. I only speak English. I need some help here.