Monday, December 29, 2008

Why Pastel Yarns?

I found some more yarn at the .99 store in the perfect colors for my flower scarf.

This morning I sorted a whole bunch of granny squares that my bf's mom gave me. I'm trying to figure out some way to put them together and finish them so they can be put to good use. I'm just not into pastels and don't think they should be given to babies so I'm a bit conflicted. Babies need colors with high contrast to help develop their vision. Like red, black and white. But that flies in the face of tradition and yarn stores keep cranking out the pastels. I may round up all the pastels and give them to my daughter and her sister-in-law.

Personally I prefer gem tones like ruby, sapphire, emerald and so on. And also black. I almost never use white yarn either.

No comments: