Friday, December 28, 2012

Finshed Project: Jayne Hat

I finished the Jayne hat. The last part of the top is done by the drawstring method, cinched up tight and then the pompom is added. By doing that, the hat was suddenly a lot smaller. Too small for either of us. Boo. So back to the drawing board. The crown wasn't deep enough and he thought the side bits that hang down weren't long enough. So I need to make another one and add about 6 more rows to the depth of the crown, and about 4 more rows to each side piece. I'll sell the other one on Etsy.  It will fit a person with a smaller head, maybe a woman or a teenager. Yep, yep. That's the way it goes sometimes. My stitches must be slightly smaller than the woman that designed the pattern. Either that or she likes hats that perch on your head more than ones that cover it a lot more.

In the meantime I'm still working on my wool shawl of many colors. I was unpacking today and found 4 or 5 new colors to add. I'm happy about that. My cat grabbed a skein of wool and ran off with it but I caught him in time. Little robber.

No comments: