Saturday, December 22, 2012

DIY Christmas Ornament and Knitting Projects



Hello my snowflakes,

Sometimes the motivating factor in finishing a knitting project is that I want to use the needles for another project. So here I am finishing a pair of seafoam green baby booties in Woolease yarn. In storage I found my Kaffee Fasset book.  I knew I owned that book!  But I've checked it out 2 or 3 times because I couldn't find my copy. I didn't know it had been in storage for 15 years.  So I want to make a shawl that's in it that I attempted before and never finished.

I also made a Christmas ornament since I haven't found my box of Christmas decorations.  So this is my token ornament. That and a neighbor gave us a beautiful poinsettia for taking care of her cats while she's on vacation.

When I took some stuff out of storage I found some glittery chenille stems and a styrofoam ball, so I made this ball today. It took about a hour. Things went a lot faster with a decent pair of wire cutters.
It always comes down to having the right tools for the job, doesn't it!

Happy holiday crafting.

2 comments:

Blakenetizen said...

Very Pretty! Happy Holidays!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Thanks Blake. I hope your Etsy shop is dong well.