Friday, July 05, 2013

Summer Travels

I hope my American friends had a happy 4th of July. I tried to get my kids and grandkids here but they didn't want to brave the triple digit temps, and I can't blame them.  It's amazing how I lose any motivation to move or be productive when it is hot out. I did manage to work on some embroidery at the library.

I'm mostly worried about getting ready for my trip. I'll be gone for 3 or 4 weeks and money is going to be super tight. There won't be any shopping sprees on this trip. I have a gig on the 13th of July, and hopefully that will keep me afloat for the 2nd leg of my trip to S. Cal. I haven't even procured my train ticket yet because of a cash flow issue. So I hope my dial up connection doesn't prevent me from getting the ticket online later today. I need to find some light weight and compactable crafts to take with me. So I'll probably take the kumihimo disk, one small crochet project, one small knitting project and some beading supplies. My back has been unhappy so there is no way I'm carrying more weight than I absolutely have to. I'm trying not to be so stressed out that I can't have fun.

No comments: