Saturday, July 20, 2013

Costuming and Stuff

We are going to a Renaissance Faire tomorrow, so I really should be in bed but I'm all wound up.
I finished my grandson's pirate tunic and made a belt with skulls to go with it. He is as excited as a 2 year old can be about wearing a costume.

My daughter just had a baby 5 months ago, so her bodice was too small. I noticed she'd taken in the seams not once, but twice, so I went ahead and let all the seams out again. Now she can get back into it, but just barely. I'm sure she'll lose weight after she's done nursing and we'll have to take it in again, or just get a new bodice, because this one has been taken in and out so many times, it needs replacing.

When I got on the train, I didn't know I was going to a Ren Faire, so I didn't bring my outfit. I'm making due with 2 gypsy skirts, a regular blouse, and some gypsy jewelry and the star hat I used at the face painting gig. I've worked at plenty of Ren events, and I'm just going for fun and to spend time with my family so I'm not going to sweat the small stuff like I usually do.

No comments: