Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Just Focus on the Art

Hello my friends,
I got a pasteboard box at Michael's and I happily went out on my friend's patio and painted it red and black. Next I get to glue on all kinds of charms and cool bits.

My friend also had a wooden box to paint.  Hers will be a medium blue shade with seashells. Funny how we both had a box project to work on.

I also got some stuffing so I can continue on with my jester doll pins inspired by one my daughter has had for years.

I got a few big things I could have brought from home but didn't want to haul on all those train trips. I also got a wee bit of embroidery floss and an embroidery hoop. I have plenty at home but I need it now for this doll project or just for fun. I swear I need a tether to my art supplies to be happy in life. Otherwise I go nuts trying to beg, borrow or steal craft supplies. I almost envy people that don't have that need. I swear I'd be rich today if I nipped the buying craft supplies thing in the bud. My plans to live a normal life by my art earnings has never panned out that way. First an artist needs to earn enough to cover supplies. Then something has to be left over to pay the bills. Then there needs to be enough beyond that to have a good quality of life; you know the weird things like feeding pets and putting kids through college and having something left for retirement.

This wasn't meant to be a rant. I really should do something about that depression slipping through.

No comments: