Thursday, December 01, 2011

Working on a Painting With Fun Shapes

I'm getting ready to go out of town for 4 or 5 days. I don't really want to lose the great flow I'm having with my artwork, but I need balance in my life too and that means participating in family events.
I picked a hard painting today.  Lots of small intricate shapes to paint  After hours of working on it, my hands died and my eyes burned and my shoulders ached, so I had to give it up for the night.  It's going to be interesting to see if I can manage to paint while on my journey by train and on the road. I can only take minimal supplies with me. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.
I'm obviously not going to be able to do my new Etsy shop grand opening today at 1 PM. I'll be at the train station. Oh well, best laid plans.  I had to push back the date to Dec. 15, 2011.  That way I'll have a few days to work on listings once I get back home next week. I'll have to write descriptions and do photos and so on. And I realized my scanner won't hold a 12 x 12" painting. It's too narrow.  So all the photos will have to be done with my digital camera. I had hoped to open on the first and catch some of the Christmas shoppers.  Oh well, can't win them all.  See you in a few days my faithful readers.

No comments: