Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Just Got Off The Train

I did some writing and drawing on the train. About a dozen times I wanted to hop off and paint the landscape.  The waves by Ventura were glassy and gorgeous. The sand dunes by Lompoc surf were covered with iceplant in green, gold and red. The boulders around Eagle Rock are always fascinating.  Many of these vistas can only be seen from the Amtrak Surfliner. I have tons of photos to download but first I need to catch up on some stuff that's piled up over the last five days.

Trip photos:
View from the train between Simi Valley and Chatsworth, CA

Fountain at Cuesta College

Art at the new coffee shop in San Luis Obispo, CA

View from house in Atascadero

Me on a chilly morning

I made chocolate covered strawberries and raspberries for the party.

Taken right before I got on the train to come home.

No comments: