Thursday, December 08, 2011

Painting Projects

I'm working on a mixed media painting today, which means it has to dry awhile before I can draw on it again.

I also started 2 little art books on watercolor paper. I painted each page front and back, and those are also drying. The directions say to sew the book together first, but it's much easier to paint on flat pages, so I'm painting all the backgrounds first, then I'll sew the pages together, then do rubber stamping or drawing or calligraphy at that point. I don't plan out all the details in advance, just the basic flow of the work.

I also want to paint some hummingbirds with watercolors, but this time I think I'll buy the mat and frame first, then I'll know exactly what size to do the painting.
Portrait of Darwin Mixed Media

No comments: