Saturday, June 26, 2010

Making Charms For Greeting Cards Plus Hand Dyed Paper








I'm getting ready to make a series of greeting cards. So today I'm dyeing papertowels out on the patio. After they dry I'm going to spray them with some gold webbing spray. I keep running across projects that require 'chipboard'. That's the stuff cereal boxes are made out of. So I need to start collecting some of those. Then I will glue the dyed paper over the chipboard shapes and glue that all down onto the card.

I have in mind to make a boxful of cards for everything from birthdays to sympathy cards. I think as an artist, it says more when I make the card rather than just buying one at the store. I've believed this for years but can't ever seem to find the time and table space to sit down and make the cards. So I'm glad I've finally getting my act together. I have all kinds of cool things I've made to dangle from the cards like woodburned gourd pieces, all that inchie art I'm always talking about, beads, buttons, hand dyed yarn and so on. I can't wait to see it all come together.

No comments: