Thursday, June 10, 2010

About Boys

A panda stamp design I carved for my grandson

Today in the Etsy chatroom, a mother-to-be mentioned how vastly outnumbered girl's items are to boy's items on Etsy. And it's not the first time I've heard that. The other problem with boy's items is we seem to have a very narrow view of what kind of graphics are appropriate for boys. Most of them fall into the categories of sports, monsters, cars, dinosaurs, or robots. But why can't little boy's shirts have flowers or botanicals or music notes? Certainly not every boy is interested in sports. So I'm going to see what ideas I can come up with. I have a grandson and may have another one in December. Remember boys can be many things like teachers, or poets or dancers or tight rope walkers. They aren't all destined to be cowboys and astronauts.

No comments: