Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Facepainting, Knitting, and YouTube




I had happy news today. One of my crochet videos on YOUTUBE is now popular enough they've invited me to earn revenue on it. I got an error message when I filled in the blanks though that said my application was ambiguous. Leave it to youtube and adsense to give me an error message and no way to figure out how to fix it. I wrote to tech support so now I'll just sit and wait I guess.

I've been designing a knitted bunny. I didn't even realize last Sunday was Easter until I was standing at the door of Michael's and when it refused to open I realized they were closed on Easter. I celebrate Ostera anyway, so I wasn't paying much attention to the actual date of Easter and it snuck up on me. This is the first Easter in about 7 years that I wasn't painting faces in Shell Beach. That's because they didn't hire face painters. Money is so tight I guess they got a bunch of volunteers together and fended for themselves. Meanwhile that means about 5 professional facepainters didn't get a paycheck that day. When people don't support the arts it hurts all of us. So if you can find it in your heart to hire a clown, a facepainter, or a magician this spring and summer, remember you are not just feeding them, but their children and grandchildren as well.

No comments: