Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chickens, Ducks and Quivers

I have so many new ideas swimming in my head I don't know where to start. I have days like that sometimes so I keep a handy sketchbook or scrap paper near by. My writing teacher once said, "Ideas are like ducks. If you don't shoot them down when they fly overhead you'll never see them again."
Anyway I had an idea for a chicken hat. It would look like it's sitting on an egg, only the egg is your head. And it's long legs would dangle down to you shoulders. It would be knitted or crocheted.
But I haven't even finished the rubber chicken I was crocheting. I definitely have way more ideas than time.

I'd also like to make some quivers. I was thinking leather but my boyfriend is trying to push me in the direction of basket quivers. But my motivation isn't running in that direction. So now if I start a leather quiver he'll think I don't value his input. It's not easy to steer an artist, but he keeps trying. I have almost zero experience with basketry. I have more with leather, but he doesn't know that. I did the leatherwork before I met him. It's tiresome trying to prove myself to others.

Anyway, I have to run to the store so I can't work on crafts at the moment. Later today I hope I can get something done.

No comments: