Thursday, April 15, 2010

Art and Shopping



The last few days have been so busy I've barely had time to write a word. My daughter, who has an art and design degree, came down for a visit. So of course we had to visit all the art stores like Joann's, Michaels, and Art Supply Warehouse. My wallet is screaming but my inner artist couldn't be happier.

Tonight I worked on crocheting a chemo hat in camo yarn. My daughter sat next to me and worked on a crocheted scarf in mostly black yarn with some color highlights thrown in there for good measure.
I'm using one of those new fangled crochet hooks with an aluminium shaft inserted into a bamboo handle. The bamboo is so smooth and slippery I kept losing my grip on it. I think I finally have it figured out, but I am tempted to sand the handle and wrap it in some sort of friction tape.

I gave my daughter one of the oil paintings I actually did in college when I was pregnant with her. I told her about it and she said, "Oh I remember that painting." I asked if she wanted it and she said yes. I'm glad at least one of my paintings is going to a place where it will be appreciated. So we gave it a good vaccuuming, cleaned the frame and got it ready to go to it's new home.

No comments: