Monday, August 19, 2013

Rain in the Desert

You know when you say "I'm gonna make me one of those." And then you keep saying that year after year? Well, I got really tired of the desert bugs landing in my drinking cup. So today I grabbed a crochet hook and made me a cup cover to keep the creatures out. It's dark green yarn and I put some reddish purple garnets all around it to weigh it down and keep in over the cup. Now if my cat doesn't steal it for a cat toy it will be great.

Today we had a surprise thunderstorm. Glad to have a respite from the heat, I spent most of the day outdoors. I fed the neighbor's chickens a big juicy worm I found on her tomatoes. I watched the quail and doves eat the food I put on my porch. I even had dinner out in the yard after dark and enjoyed the almost full moon and the amazing clouds. This is the first time it has rained in ages and I didn't want to miss one second of it.
Delicate yellow flowers I just discovered in my yard.
Gray feather.
Rain coming down in the city nearby.

Summer thunderstorm.
Half rain, half sunshine

No comments: