Monday, August 05, 2013

Halloween Zakka Pentagons

I'm doing my best to just keep my wits about me and work. Just do the work. Keep reading my Louise Hay book "Meditations to Heal Your Life." Keep breathing. Keep eating. Ground and center. Ground and center. Love myself the best I can. Be kind to myself.

I got some things done today. I got a bit done on my hummingbird embroidery that I forgot I even had after I closed the lid on the embroidery kit a month ago. I worked some on my knitted hat for my granddaughter. The other one had blown off the porch. That's what I get for not putting my toys away at the end of the day. I couldn't figure out where it had gone.

I started a Zakka project inspired by the books Zakka Style and I Heart Zakka by Rashida Coleman-Hale but it won't be in the Zakka muted colors. It will be orange and black. By the way, Pinterest has a ton of Zakka boards if you need ideas. I'm doing paper piecing with pentagons. I'm just not sure what I'm going to put them on next. Maybe a tote bag. Maybe a Halloween apron. So far the pentagons have a pumpkin, a witch's hat, a skull and a bat. I thought if I'm going to list Halloween stuff on Etsy I better get cracking. Or cackling. Or something.





No comments: