Monday, August 27, 2012

Minecraft

My friend Carol introduced me to the Minecraft game. Frankly, without the Youtube tutorials on it, I'd be completely lost. Even so I wouldn't exactly say I'm picking it up very fast. But I see it's inspired a lot of knitting and crocheting projects. Everything is composed of square blocks, and those geometrical shapes translate easily into things like knitting, crocheting, quilting, cross-stich and other grids. Probably beadwork as well. I do my best not to sell things based on copyrighted items, but that doesn't mean I can't make gifts for other people based on video games like Minecraft. I'd love to buy the official version of the game, which is about $25, but I'm sure there are tons of other things more critical to spend money on right now, like rent. Also, it would be a big time suck. But for a creative person, it sure is fun to play games that challenge my mind. If you play it on line, it can be a multi-player game too.

No comments: