Monday, March 26, 2012

A Vest A Snood and Broken Glass

I got back to work on my knitted vest. I was afraid that if I waited much longer, I'd forget how to do it or where the pattern was. My hands could only take about 90 minutes of knitting four strands at once.  This is the heaviest vest I've ever made and will be even heavier when I do the last panel.

Yesterday I finished a white snood with a metallic strand in it. It's a gift for my boyfriend's mom and she chose the yarn. I like the way it came out. It's super stretchy.

Next I did some laundry. No rain today thankfully. I was sitting on the couch admiring the sunshine when I heard the sound of crashing glass. I looked up in time to see a pane of glass falling through the stairs, then our upstairs neighbor running down the stairs and tromping through the flowerbed.  She went back upstairs empty handed and never came back. So it looks like I'm going to have to clean up the glass and it won't be the first time. Kids lose their balls and toys back there, so if someone gets a toe cut off most likely it would be one of them. Somewhere I saw a bathroom sign with rules to live by for success. One of the rules was 'clean up your own mess.' Something a lot of adults have yet to learn I guess.



No comments: