Monday, January 31, 2011

Day of Crafts

Saturday was a craft filled day. I got a book on Fair Isle Knitting and started making a hat out of it just for practice. I didn't have the right size needles handy to follow the pattern, but since I'm just learning a technique I made it with what I had on hand. Sometimes learning the skill is more important than the finished product.

The other book I got was on making stuffed animals.  That's going to be a lot of fun to do. Mostly I want to make the dachshund because my daughter loves dachshunds.

Then I got to try out my new needle punch set. It works like a dream. I've very pleased with it. The ergonomic design is easier on my hands, meaning I can go longer without breaks. Right now I'm working on a horse silhouette against a stained glass style background. While I'm working on one project I get ideas for so many more that I can do.

No comments: