Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Computer is Sick

My Computer is Sick
One of my Etsy chatroom acquaintances introduced me to blogtv.com. So I made my own broadcast that worked great the first night. The next night I was tweaking my profile and clicked on a button to put my broadcast in the proper category.

At that moment, my firewall exploded. I've got a doozy of a computer virus. Can't surf the Internet at all. If I open a page, the virus immediately hijacks it and tries to get me to buy some superpro antivirus program. Is that like a tire store slashing your tires to get you to buy new ones from them? I've run over 6 hours of virus scanners, which do find the threats and works to remove them, yet still when I reboot my computer the pop-ups come back insisting my computer's been infected and I must try their program.

Now tons of people on are blogtv.com, so I have to think and hope mine is an isolated incident. I'm on a borrowed computer at the moment and he's forbidden me to go on that blogtv.com site because the last thing we need is another computer with a virus.

So if any of you know a fix, or have that issue, or know how to reach tech support for that company, please share the info in the comment. Thanks.

1 comment:

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

At this moment, it looks like my computer is going to be okay. I ran Windows Defender again, and also a program called Vondofix. The Windows Defender got rid of the pop-ups on the quick scan. Then when I did the long scan it got rid of 2 more. Maybe the last two, because the vundofix didn't find any new ones. I also cleared my cookies and my cache. I'll let you know if things go belly up again. I'm hoping for the best.