Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Gourds

Tuesday we had a big adventure. We drove all the way to the Welburn Gourd Farm in Fallbrook CA for the last day of their 30% off sale. Seems the place was packed on Friday and Monday because of the Labor Day weekend, but we practically had it to ourselves today. We had to pick up canteen and bottle gourds for a commission.

But my project was to get mini gourds to make santas for my Etsy shop. The first batch I picked were cheaper than I thought so I still had five dollars left to spend. For slightly more than that, I got 7 more gourds. It was a blistering hot day and we don't have AC so by the time I got home I was too tired to do much. Basically I zoned out in front of my computer. But tomorrow I will clean up the gourds and get started. I'll also post photos of the gourd farm. It's 2 AM so it will have to wait for tomorrow.

We had lunch at Subway in Menifee on the way home, mainly so we could sit in the air conditioning for a bit. We happened to have a bag of cans and bottles to recycle, so we turned those in first and it paid for most of our lunch. I have a high school friend that lives in Menifee now.  I didn't know where Menifee is so I didn't get to go see her. I haven't seen her since I graduated in 1976, or maybe I did at her wedding soon after. One day my sister found her on Facebook. I imagine she was at work anyway. We've been meaning to get together for about a year now.

Right now I really need sleep, so goodnight.




No comments: