Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beading and Puppet Making

Today was our monthly Paleoplanet.Net archery gathering. My friend bought 3 new beading books so I fell in love with one of them. It was on Zulu Beading. So I learned one of the techniques for a zig-zag bracelet. It was overcast and chilly today so my fingers were pretty much frozen by the time I quit at 6 PM. I'll do some more tomorrow inside where I'm not in the breeze. The colors are ice pink and royal blue. The pattern looks completely different when you change the style and size of the beads so I'm looking forward to trying out many different combinations.

A lot of the guys are working on atlatls for a big atlatl event coming up called Valley of Fire. Others were making wood bows.

And this weekend we have another archery campout called Springville, so I'm looking forward to that one.

Today I also crocheted 4 finger puppets. I have 3 octopusses and one 'other'. Right now it's just a tube with eyes so I don't know what direction I should go with it. Hair and a hat? Wings and antennae? Oh well, tomorrow is another day for making puppets. I took photos so when I have time tomorrow I'll add them.

No comments: