Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spring Is Coming I Promise

Signs of spring are in the air. The new mulberry trees are leafing out. My neighbor has blossoms on her cherry and plum trees.  Some are white and some are pink.  They smell wonderful. I saw a roadrunner on my front porch too.

It was a little too chilly to knit outdoors so I worked on my shawl in the house while watching a Rolling Stones documentary and the Doors movie with Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison. I can't help but to compare the two bands and what made one last for decades while the other one crashed and burned.

I have some ideas for a shabby chic purse I want to make. I know it's going to be heavy and I'm not supposed to carry a heavy purse. But I still want to do it. I need to finish up some other projects first, but I can't wait too long because my other purse is disintegrating.

Spring comes early to the desert and doesn't last very long.

No comments: