Monday, January 09, 2012

A Zentangle Painting

Zentangles fascinate me so tonight I drew a complex Zentangle inside a circle that I'm going to paint. It will be like paint by number sort of. I'm going to need a tiny brush for it. I was too tired to start painting it tonight. And I want to think a bit about the color scheme. If you don't know what the heck a Zentangle is just Google it or look on Flickr images.

Also, I think I should be painting my dreams. I've heard twice in two days about people who paint using their dreams as a source, and I have some pretty wild and epic dreams. I know it was an assignment once in our oil painting class in college.  We were supposed to go home, have a dream and then paint it. But I didn't have a dream.  So I made one up and the teacher called me on it.  I can't help it if I didn't have a dream. He wasn't exactly the best teacher I ever had. After the course I went to see his work in a gallery and I didn't even like it. But that's the way college is.  There is only one teacher available for the course so that's the teacher you get.
Here are two of the Zentangles I've done in the past.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved your Zentangle Art... would love to see what you have done with it after painting as well... ACEO's are darling too... join us at www.theartistchallenge.com !!! Betsy