Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Square Foot Art Gallery

Today I went to the art store to get canvas board for my new daily painting project.  And then I found out they don't carry 12" x 12" canvas boards. Oh dear. The cheapest ones I could find were masonite for about $3.50 or canvas stretched on a frame for $4.  That would be about $120 a month just for canvasses. So I talked to a store employee and we decided I could go with Bristol Vellum, apply gesso and paint on that for a much more resonable price.  Then when I got home I checked at the Dick Blick site and they carry the size I need for under $2.00 each. Now that's more like it. So next month I'll order a month's worth from them. In the meantime I'll paint on the Bristol Vellum. I use the same paper for SCA illumination so I know it is a joy to paint on so I'm not worried.

I'm going to have an officially opening for my new Etsy shop on Dec. 1, 2011, where I'll list all the paintings I've done between now and then. So about 14 paintings if all goes well.

1 comment:

Blakenetizen said...

Cant wait to see the new Shop :D