Thursday, July 28, 2011

Travel Crafts

I'm not about to spend 12 hours on a train (6 each way) without taking projects to keep me happy and creative. So I have one pair of knitting needles, a crochet hook, some ombre yarn, a watercolor set (for when I get to where I'm going), a sewing kit with some felt and beads, and a sketchbook/journal.  And I got it all to fit in a small backpack carrying case thing. I plan to check my suitcase, so none of my goodies are in there. I still have to find a paperback book to take. The book I'm currently on is a huge hardcover library book and I'm not about to drag that one along. I wish I'd thought about that when I was at the library but I thought I'd be onto the next book in the series by now, which is a paperback. But the Crown of Stars series is complicated enough, that there is no way I'm going to read them out of order.

I'm also taking some ACEO's to work on. I got a whole blank 'deck' of cards at Art Supply Warehouse just for that purpose. I'm ready to go but it's still 1 1/2 hours until my ride gets here. So I guess I'll go look for a book to take.

No comments: