Friday, July 22, 2011

Etsy Chat Bites the Dust

Etsy chat is dead and gone. Here are some of the screen captures I did.  I was in two different chat rooms. Someone tried to open about 24 chat rooms to crash the system, but it stayed up until about 5:15 EDT.

For many people, Etsy helped them make sales, meet friends, keep up with Etsy changes, blow off steam, and relax from their family duties. Many were angry, hurt and shocked that it closed.  A big chunk of them joined Zibbet so they could use the Zibbet chat room, which has a NING format. It's the end of an era. Most of my shop views over the years came from Etsy chat.

If you need me, I'll be on Zibbet chat under the name Zelena of Vespertine, and also on a new Ning group called Artistry United, and on Facebook of course and my usual haunts.



No comments: