Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Diorama Update

My pumpkin was dry from gluing the glitter inside. So I used purple and blue acrylic paints on the exterior. It took 2 coats.

I dyed some cheesecloth in tea and then streaked it with green fabric dye to make it look like tattered fins and fishing nets and seaweed with the light shining through it.

The upper mermaid body will be a small skeleton and the lower part will be a wire armature with cheesecloth tail fins over it.  The wire will make it poseable. I have some greenish blue fun fur that I'll use for mermaid's hair. And I hope I can find some seashells and maybe a starfish to decorate the interior.
I'm not sure what the mermaids will sit on. I could make a papier mache' rock. We'll see.

I picked up a pumpkin light with a cord at Joanne's. I can't wait to get it all assembled.

No comments: