Thursday, November 05, 2009

Bread and Aprons

It's been a busy day and I'm getting kind of sleepy. But I'm still making bread. The loaf I spent all day making is about ready to go into the oven. I can't wait to see it turning brown. My first loaf ever of home baked sourdough bread. I'm so excited.


While it was rising, I went to the fabric store and picked out the fabric to make two aprons for Christmas gifs. Each apron has 2 fabrics. So for the first one I'm going with red chili peppers on a burnt orange background with orange and yellow polka dots for the pockets and straps.

The other one is a mod retro looking swirl of colors. Two of the colors are hot pink and brown. So the contrast will be a small print in brown with pink stars. My daughter's new kitchen is shades of brown so the apron will hopefully go with it more or less. The fabric is in the washer getting pre-shrunk so I won't start on those until tomorrow.


No comments: