Thursday, July 20, 2006

Project Notes

I can't emphasize enough that it's worth it to take time to make project notes. Case in point, the post below. It took me over an hour to figure out how to continue on. That's because I didn't write down the order of the beads to make the pattern. If I'd made any notes at all, they'd been seperated from the project bag. I finally figured it out, and this time I wrote it down.
Interruptions are a fact of life. We sometimes assume that if we get started with great fevor for a project, we'll get it done in a reasonable length of time. But life has a way of intruding. Between unplanned moves, unexpected company, unexpected illnesses and sudden trips, it's a wonder we get anything done. Even five minutes worth of notes can be priceless later.

No comments: