Friday, July 28, 2006

Camo hatband? Pumpkin pins?

I haven't been knitting or crocheting in this heat wave because it's just too hot. I don't even like the cats sitting with their paws on my thighs. I've been sticking to beadwork.
I went to the closing sale at the Indian Store and they were mostly sold out of colors of beads I would normally buy, but the price was right so I got some size 10 olive greenish gray czech seed beads. So now the creative wheels are spinning, and I'm thinking I could make something with a camo background. Maybe a camo hatband for archery? Maybe customized with a name on it. Hmmm. Or maybe an animal silouette in black over the camo background?
I also got all the orange beads they had left figuring Halloween would be here soon, and those pumpkins made on safety pins are awfully cute. Maybe I can whip up some of those for Etsy.

No comments: