Friday, June 07, 2013

Joy Ride: A New Acrylic Painting

Hi Everyone,
I got up at 5 AM so I'd have time to water all the plants and work on a new acrylic painting before it got hot outside. In other words, before 9 AM. It was so weird how it came together. I found the canvas in my studio a few days ago. I wasn't sure what I wanted to paint but I got all the stuff out. Then I thought I might paint a witch. Then my eye fell on an orange Halloween pencil that I've had for years. And it had a witch, some bats, and a cat on it. So I used that for my inspiration.

By 8 AM it was already getting too hot to sit in the sun, and I kept dozing off with my paintbrush in my hand.  So I got up and moved everything into the shade and painted until 9.

If you want to buy this painting, make me an offer before I list it in my Etsy shop. (Size 12" x12")



Underpainting
Joy Ride


No comments: