Thursday, May 30, 2013

Teaching Kumihimo

Yesterday we drove down to Monrovia and I took Joyce her Kumihimo kit I put together for her. She caught on pretty quick and took it to the nursing home with her, where she was standing watch over her hubby who just had a broken hip fixed. Someone has to keep him from getting out of bed, because with Alzheimers he may forget he even had surgery. In slow moments she worked on her Japanese braiding, and called this morning to let me know she'd made some progress.

On the way there we stopped at Michaels and I bought some more embroidery thread for my own Kumihimo projects. I got some metallics and some tie dyed embroidery floss. I can't wait to see how that turns out.  But currently I'm making a pink and brown spiral and have to get that off the disk before I can start any new colors.

She gave me a quilting magazine. I also ordered a quilting book through the library and can't wait to see it. It shows how to design spiral quilts. I'd love a spiral quilt to hang in my hypnotherapy office. That would rock. If I like the library book, I'll order my own copy from Amazon.

No comments: