Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bread Dough Roses

Last night I worked on the bread dough roses.  First I tried generic white glue and a bits of white bread.  That was a disaster. The concoction looked like pink Spackle and I never could get it to smooth out. I tossed that batch and started over. This time I followed the directions and used the Aleene's Tacky Glue...1 Tbsp. to 1 slice of white bread without crust.  Then I colored it pink with a little acrylic paint. I only had about 1 Tbsp. of the glue in a tiny bottle so I only made the one batch. I'm sure to get better with practice but it was pretty time consuming so I think I'll just use Sculpey next time.  After I made all the roses and leaves I could with that batch I re-read the directions and each petal was supposed to be as thin as a piece of paper.  Mine were much thicker  so try try again. At least I got it to work.
I decided it would be easier to paint the leaves green after everything dries. 

No comments: