Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bread Dough Roses and Sweat Pants

I haven't been able to get blogger to open with my dial-up connection in a few days. So I'm crossing my fingers that this goes through.

Someone gave me some books of old Aleene's craft projects and I'm fascinated with their bread dough flowers, so I got some white bread and glue and I'll let you know how it turns out. Even though this book was from the 80's, they were way ahead with the upcycling of items that would normally be discarded, yet could be reused in crafts.  Things like cardboard, margarine tubs, soda cans, glue tops, brown paper bags and tissue boxes can all be put to a new use. It's amazing what you can make with some cardboard, some glue, and some paint.

Meanwhile, we've had to deal with severe winds and cold temps.  There was snow on the hill behind us this morning, and a biting wind blew all day. I had to go to Target for some sweat pants and I haven't worn sweat pants since gym in high school in the '70's I think. Of course now I'm looking for some way to fancy them up,because sweat pants are truly boring.  One of those ubiquitous clothing items that hardly scream 'runway model.'

And yesterday I saw a beautiful rainbow. It was so broad, I couldn't get it all in in one photo.  I sure wish I knew how the panoramic feature on my camera worked. I'll have to find out.

I've been busy with National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo).
And I'm still knitting the yellow scarf that I've named Buttered Popcorn.
Hope you are all well. I'll post again when the Internet cooperates or Verizon figures out how to get us hooked up to DSL.



No comments: