Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Nostepinne Yarn Ball Winder Doll

I like things that are old school so when I found out what a nostepinne was I had to have one.  So I found an old dowel we got when David Brunetta cleared out his studio, and decided to turn it into a nostepinne. So using hand files and a pocket knife, and a saw. I was able to get the shape I wanted. I tried to keep in mind she needed a neck and a waist.  The waist give me a groove to anchor down the yarn with a rubber band or hair elastic. In a pinch any dowel or cylinder will work I suppose, if it's the right size for the yarn, but it's nice to have something a bit more artistic.

After the sanding was done, I used the wood burner to add the designs. My boyfriend was using his grinder to taper arrows so he helped me out and made the pointed end with the grinder, which saved me loads of time.



No comments: