Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Stitch-N-Bitch

I'm getting ready to go to the monthly stitch-n-bitch today. I wanted to refresh my memory on buillion knots and ended up on this site with some good tutorials on knot tying and stitchery. http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-embroider-rose-bud-bullion-knots-191588/ so share and share alike.

At the meetings I'm going to take the neovictorian collar I've been working on. I sewed a bunch on vintage beads on it yesterday and I think I'll add some embroidered buillion knot roses to it today. This project has been a great way to use up things in my stash that I've been hoarding for 20 years. I knew they'd belong on something someday.

I should take some knitting too, just in case my mood changes. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has craft mood swings. I love that our meetings are the last Sunday of the month. What a perfect way to end off one month and begin the next.

No comments: