Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Shopping for supplies at Joanne's




After swearing I wouldn't get too carried away at Joanne's today now that I had my Google Adsense check in hand, I did get a bit carried away.My main goal was to get a mini quilting iron for scrapbooking. To my shock they were $30 and up, so even with the 40% off coupon that was more than I wanted to pay. But I decided to check the notions dept. too and found the coolest little traveling iron in designer colors for only $9.99. They had color choices of pink/white, translucent red, translucent blue, and black. So I got the red one. It says on the label you can use it for collage work so I think I'm good to go with the beeswax collaging projects. Can't wait to try it.


I don't know about you, but every time I sew my cat walks all over me, the machine, the sewing desk, and the surrounding boxes. He knocks off the scissors, pins, scraps, you name it. So the other thing I've been looking for is a cork board or something to hang behind the sewing machine. I didn't even know Joanne's carried such a thing but saw in their ad a cork and dry erase board with magnets. It was on sale too so I got 2 of them. I can use push pins to hang up pattern bits, and get magnetic hooks to hang up my scissors, seam ripper and so on. That should make sewing a lot less aggravating and frustrating.


Then just for fun I got the Blue Moon combo pack of beads and faux pearls called Frosting to make myself some Steampunk inspired cluster earrings. I loved all their color combos and was torn between the red, blue, purple or the one I got. Hopefully I'll get to make those today though I'm pretty tired because I stayed up until 3 AM last night. Why oh why do I do that?


The Knifty Knitter products were also on sale so I picked up the flower loom I've wanted for a few years now.

I hope the rest of you in the USA had a good 3 day weekend.

No comments: