Friday, May 11, 2012

Granny Squares

To soothe my jangled nerves from the chaos the new apt. owners are creating, and against all logic, I started making granny squares for an afghan or something.  The repetition of crochet is soothing. The tactile experience of holding them in my hands, selecting colors, and seeing them appear right before my very eyes has a calming effect on me. Learning to crochet may be frustrating, but once you have the skills it will reward you in many ways. I keep my yarn needle handy, so I can weave in some ends when I need a break from the motion of the hook. I took some photos of the work to show you. I'm not sure what's going to become of this project when we move but I'm living in the now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like these squares. I can totally picture a couch draped in this comforter, a treasure to snuggle in while watching late night tv. :)

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Thanks. I'm always afraid I'll give one to someone, and they'll think it's just too old fashioned for them.I'm glad someone still likes things like this.