Wednesday, May 16, 2012

About Blogging

Me in front of Starbucks and Subway.
A new batch of arrows.
I follow and read other blogs almost every day. I have a long list but sadly, many of them have died.  No posts for months or sometimes years. It takes a lot of commitment to blog day after day, week after week. I suppose the novelty just wears off for some people. Or they think they'll get 1000 followers in a month and it just doesn't happen. Blogs are also becoming more and more commercial, with less new content and more 'curated' content.  Curated being a fancy word for re-posting other stuff and not adding any new text or photos from your own experiences. If I follow one of these 'curated' blogs, my reading list quickly gets inundated since these types of blogs tend to do from 5 to 10 posts a day. So I've unfollowed the two worst offenders. They clog up my reading list and then I have to scroll many pages to the blogs with original content that I want to read. It's just something to keep in mind if you are writing a blog. Are you sharing yourself? Or are you just 'liking' other content and posting it to your blog?  Just a thought.

A new sunhat for a hot day. How did I manage to wear orange 2 days in a row?




No comments: