Monday, August 29, 2011

Piecing a Sampler Quilt

I got up earlier than I planned this morning, so I spent an hour and a half working on my new quilt. My left brain and right brain can't seem to decide on the same color scheme. And I don't have a huge selection of fabrics to choose from. I suspect I have another box or 2 of quilting fabric around here somewhere. Maybe I should try to dig those up before I get much further along. Part of the problem is the color scheme is rust and brown, and I almost never buy those two colors, so I'm coming up short. I may have to make a run to M & L Fabric later this week, after I get my check. I'm trying to use up my stash, but sometimes it's more important to be true to the quilt design than to just use any old fabric lying around. I guess that's why so many of us has fabric stashes run amuck. We never seem to have just the right fabric so we buy more.

 So far I've gotten the pieces cut out for 3 squares. I have one square partly finished. I don't want to cut out any more squares until these 3 are sewn. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself and get confused.

No comments: