Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Making Journals

I want to pursue the idea of making some journals. So I bought a bone folder at Art Supply Warehouse.  I'm sure I have many papers sitting around here I can use. I sometimes buy up reams of colored paper and card stock when they are on clearance at Kinko's or Staples or similar places. It's not that hard to make your own 'blender' paper, but it does take a lot of counter space to dry it all. It is fun to use up junk mail that way. Making paper is a messy project but lots of fun.

I don't want to go the 'tradtional' book making route which is very exacting.  I just want to make simple art books. Youtube has a ton of tutorials on the topic.

Of course decorating the covers is a lot of fun too. Its a great way to use your mixed media skills.

No comments: