Thursday, June 04, 2009

Owl Embroidery




Today is a very happy day for me. My new camera came via Fed Ex. It's just like my boyfriend's camera and a step up from my previous canon that was stolen. It's a Canon Powershot A560. And I'm not letting this one out of my sight.

I finished my first embroidered owl on a towel for my new etsy shop Tweeters and Hooters. I haven't listed it yet because I want to wash it and pre-shrink it first. I expect it to hold up just fine but if something's going to run amuck I'd rather find out before I sell it.

I remember hearing about chickenscratch embroidery when I was a child so I looked it up on Flickr. Since the towels are checked I thought I'd try some. I found some beautiful examples on Flickr. I'm very excited. It looks a lot like blackwork embroidery I think. So I used my new camera to take photos of my new embroidery.

Update: I decided to go ahead and list it.

3 comments:

Michael said...

That is soo cute!!!

Syneryarts said...

Speaking of chicken scratch, Iynn and I got some Chickens to keep us company in Silverado Rick

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Hi L and R...so good to hear from you in such an unexpected place! I have my settings so I have to approve each comment, so no need to send 2. I get most everything approved within 24 hours. I can't wait to see the chickens.