Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Solstice Everyone

Longest day of the year, i.e. shortest night of the year. I'm trying to go to bed early (midnight is early for me) so I can get out to the archery range in the morning to meet with the people from http://www.paleoplanet.com. My friend Sal broke his arm playing soccer, so he can't shoot a bow right now. But he said he's still going to go and use the atlalt instead. It's more of a one handed weapon.

I made brownies to take to the meeting, and we are taking watermelon too. So no one will starve there if we don't kill a wooly mammmoth.
Today I didn't work on crafts per se, unless you count baking brownies. We did cut out a piece of plywood to slide between my mattresses because it's an old bed we inherited and I felt like I was sinking into the middle of the bed.

This morning I worked in the garden and planted a dish garden with succulents and repotted 2 other succulents. They sell them in teeny tiny pots, so the 2nd I got them home it's time to repot them.

Enjoy the solstice.

No comments: