Friday, October 21, 2011

Sorting and Tossing

Today I'm doing one of those tasks that most of us hate. I'm going through boxes of projects that never quite made it.  Embroidery Christmas stocking parts that were too tedious to hold my interest, a mermaid doll I cut out and sewed and turned and then abandoned, old purses I never went through so I could give them to a thrift store and so on. I did find about $2.00 in change I added to my car fund in a giant pretzel barrel. And I found some momentos of my daughter's wedding in Vegas. Quilt projects that need to be sewn into pillows or potholders. And letters from penpals that stopped writing when e-mail took over the universe. I still have a long way to go but I have a headache from all the dust I've inhaled.
I did find some clothes that had gone missing. One is the red dress I need for my wardrobe project. It's all good, but not much fun.

No comments: