Monday, October 06, 2008

Second Life


By an interesting twist of events, I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to make a grapic arts shop on Etsy, and in the same conversation he told me about an online game called Second Life. And unlike most games that someone else built and you have zero control over the way it runs, Second Life lets you build and write scripts and design worlds and create a fantasy persona of your own choosing. So while I have fun playing the game, I'm also learning about scripting and costuming and art and all kinds of wonderful things. My brain hasn't quit running on overdrive in a week. In a way it's like paper dolls for adults. And it does have a PG version and an adult version, so if you are going to play, shoo your kids out of the room first until you get your bearings.

No comments: