Thursday, July 03, 2014

Sneaking Up On The Fourth of July

I don't have much to brag about at the moment. The hot weather here kills my productivity. I'm definitely not a desert person. This is about the 5th or 6th day of triple digit weather. It is 100 degrees right now at 3:30 PM. Last time I was in Apple Valley it was 109.

I'm not up to having some hot knitting sprawled all over me, but I did think I would be okay with one square. This little square will turn into a bunny.

I thought my boyfriend said there would be a craft fair down in Lucerne today but I can't find any mention of it on the local community pages. I'm debating whether I want to go out there in this heat on the off chance that it is happening. The truck doesn't have air conditioning. I know there are fireworks tonight but that's a lot of hours to sit in the heat until the sun goes down. That reminds me I should take my own chair. A swing band is playing at 7:30. That might be fun. Tomorrow morning there is a parade. I couldn't find out what time that starts either. While the local pages did mention they've had a parade for 40 years, there was no mention of the start time or the route. Seems you are just supposed to magically know that from having lived here for a decade or so.
Making a bunny from a square.

No comments: